Dainese D-Air Smart Jacket - LS
Ventilated textile jacket with level 2 armour and D-air systemView full details
Verified Customer Reviews for Dainese D-Air Smart Jacket
Very comfortable to wear, despite being heavier than I expected.
The only slight negative is the catch at the top, which is also the on button, I find this fiddly to connect.
I found the size slightly smaller than I expected, the next size up was a perfect fit.
Dainese D-Air Smart Jacket - LS
- Lightweight and highly breathable abrasion-resistant textile construction
- Pro-Armor level 2, Type B soft protectors on the elbows and shoulders
- Intelligent trigger system with integrated gyroscope, accelerometer and GPS
- The system checks itself every 1000 times per second, for fast-acting trigger
- D-Air microfilament airbag technology originally developed for MotoGP
- Built-in rechargeable battery (Lasts 26 hours) with a USB charge cable
- Automatically activates when it detects vibration or moving faster than 10kmh
- Protection provided is equivalent to seven CE level 2 back protectors
- Full 360-degree impact tracking, system works when stopped at lights
- Covers highsides, lowsides (without tumbling) and lateral collisions
- Requires D-Air app to sync and register, available on iOS and Android
- Large front zip closure system with two zipped pockets for small items
- Requires no connection to the bike, thanks to the fully wireless system
- Replaceable internal airbag and inflator
The Smart Jacket LS is a ventilated motorcycle jacket that combines the versatility of a light, ventilated garment with the intelligence and ultimate protection of the Dainese D-air airbag system. It can be used as a normal ventilated jacket, without the need for other coordinating garments, and does not require a subscription. Made of certified, abrasion-resistant, ventilated fabric, it is also suitable for use on the hottest days, ensuring excellent breathability. The Dainese D-air system used in MotoGP and developed over 25 years of research monitors what is happening around the rider 1,000 times per second with its seven sensors. With no need for cables or connections, it autonomously detects any dangerous situation and immediately activates the Shield, an engineered microfilament airbag that offers the highest level of protection to the chest and back, also limiting any neck and helmet movement. The system activates and protects in the event of sliding, high side, impact with an obstacle or vehicle, or rear-end collision, even when stationary.
In 1972 Mr Lino Dainese made some leather motocross trousers, starting a biking brand that has since brought style and innovation to motorcyclists the world over. Working with some of the most evocative names in motorcycle racing, Dainese led the way in the development of leather stretch panels, knee sliders and race suits- cut to suit the rider in a real world riding position. The 80's brought back protectors (with Barry Sheene), composite armour, and more aerodynamic suits; whilst the 90's brought gloves with knuckle armour and the first biking airbag system. Dainese remains at the forefront of motorcycle clothing technology and continues to be the brand of choice for the biggest names in bike racing, all the way up to the greatest rider of all time, Valentino Rossi. Today, Dainese is one of the most recognisable, coolest, and most aspirational motorcycle brands on the planet. With a well deserved reputation for safety that has crossed over into nearly every extreme sport there is, the name Dainese is synonymous with style, protection, comfort and durability.
You may also like...
You won’t get it cheaper. Our Price Match Promise.
Find it cheaper at any major motorcycle accessory retailer, online or in-store and we‘ll match it.How to request a price match.